June 21, 2018
Dear Valued Motic Customers,
It is with great disappointment that we inform you that the United States Executive Branch has confirmed that as of July 6, 2018, it will impose a 25% tariff on numerous goods from China under section 301 of the US Trade Act of 1974. As a result, this will affect four categories of Motic products:
- Stereo Microscopes
- Digital Stereo Microscopes
- Digital Compound Microscopes
- Microscope “Parts & Accessories”
Note: Traditional Compound Microscopes and Scientific Cameras currently remain unaffected.
A confirmation summary can be found below for your reference:
With the implementation of the tariffs starting July 6, 2018, Motic Instruments will take the following actions as of Monday July 1, 2018:
- The price of the affected goods will increase by 25%, the exact amount of the imposed tariff. This increase will be effective starting July 1, 2018 and remain in effect until further notice for all Motic products sold to the US.
- All pre-existing quotes will expire after June 28, 2018. Customers wanting to lock in their quoted prices and avoid incurring the tariff increase should submit and pay for their order through the online store by June 28, 2018.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about this issue.
Share this post
- Tags: news